IT’S BIG BED TIME
Had enough of your little one climbing out of their cot? Worried they’re going to fall? Think they’re trying to tell you something? That’s right…it’s time for a big bed! Here we look at the pros and cons of the different big bed options.
- It’s small enough to feel cute
- Won’t overwhelm your little one
- Less likely of wriggling down to the bottom of the bed and getting too hot
- Mattresses are generally poorer quality
- They are a short term investment – aimed at age 2 – 5
- You can’t snuggle with them if needed
- Invest in a decent one it will see you through the primary years
- You can snuggle in/swoop
- Easy to top and tail friends/siblings
- Can feel too big initially – overwhelming
- Higher up so if they fall out chances are it will hurt
- More expensive
- A mid sleeper is exciting
- Easier to potentially sell on
- Great storage
- Likely to fall climbing in and out
- Harder to change the bedding
- Defines the room as a child’s room (could be a pro too) – but you’re not offering that to Aunty Mabel!
- Super comfy for everyone!
- Great for when you have visitors to stay
- Under bed storage and hiding space!
- Take up valuable floor/playing space
- Unlikely to get ‘kid friendly/designed’ bedding
- More washing
If your still unsure which bumper is best for you and your little one please feel free to give us a call on 01183242012 or send us an email we’re always happy to help.